- Are you registered for the conference? Have you added tickets for all the luncheons, workshops and special events that you want to attend? If not, head to https://www.fgsconference.org/registration/ and click on "Start Registration." There you can register or log-in and add more conference "extras."
- You can also register at the door, but you won't have early access to the syllabus and some special events may be sold out.
- Have you thought about which sessions you want to attend and narrowed your choices for each time slot? Visit the online program to help you make those hard choices at https://www.fgsconference.org/program/.
- Don't forget to take a look at which vendors will be in the exhibit hall and which societies will have tables in the Society Showcase. You'll want to make time to see what they are offering and spend some money. Visit the Exhibits page to see a list and map of exhibitors at https://www.fgsconference.org/exhibits/.
- If you plan to research at The Genealogy Center of the Allen County Public Library, you'll want to have your plan ready before you reach Fort Wayne. Visit The Genealogy Center's webpage at http://www.genealogycenter.org and read our past blog posts about ACPL at http://www.fgsconferenceblog.org/search/label/ACPL.
- Do you have a research problem or brick wall that you want to discuss with experienced researchers? Only conference attendees can sign up for a FREE genealogy consultation. Learn more here: https://www.fgsconference.org/activities/.
- Have you helped to promote the FGS 2013 conference? Don't miss out on your chance to win a free registration to FGS 2014 in San Antonio. Fill out the Society Publicity Contest entry form at https://www.fgsconference.org/media/society-publicity-contest/.
05 August, 2013
FGS 2013 August Checklist
There are only 2 more weeks until conference week. We hope that you are as excited to attend as we are to see all of the conference committee's hard work come to fruition. Here a few things you can do early in August to make sure you are ready for the conference August 21-24.