- Don’t forget to add the FGS 2013 conference to your calendar for August 21-24, 2013. You may want to schedule a few extra days before or after the conference for bonus research days at the Allen County Public Library’s Genealogy Center or other Midwest repositories.
- Have you made your hotel reservation? The Hilton and Courtyard by Marriott are currently accepting reservations at their downtown hotels. You’ll want to make your reservation early to guarantee your spot in the middle of the conference action. Visit http://www.fgsconferenceblog.org/2012/09/fgs-2013-fort-wayne-hotels-are-ready.html for the details about making your reservations.
- Many people set genealogy goals for the New Year in January. Consider what brick wall you would like to break down during FGS 2013. What steps do you need to take before the conference in order to have a research plan ready for Allen County Public Library?
- Do your genealogy friends know about the great conference coming to Fort Wayne in August? Encourage them to like the FGS 2013 Facebook page or follow @FGSconference on Twitter.
- And lastly, if you would like a printed FGS 2013 conference brochure delivered to your home or want to make sure brochures are available to your society, library or genealogy conference, simply fill out our online form at http://tinyurl.com/bjhaeok.
10 January, 2013
FGS 2013 January Conference Checklist
The Federation of Genealogical Societies 2013 conference may be 8 months away, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t start your conference preparation. Here are a few things you can do in January to get a jump start on your conference plans: